Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Belated Sat night post: Happy Birthday Shaina!

Shaina had a little soiree at The Well on Saturday night to celebrate her 30th birthday....And Tami had a little pre-party at her house before hand with some friends...6 people to be exact. The intention was to bring the west side people together so we could cab it to Hollywood so no one would have to worry about driving home. (Chris was not joining us as he was still driving back from being out of town with his brother and friend Patrick.)

So at the house, we all start having a drink or two...just to relax, etc. Then we decided to have a few shots...Okay okay - it was my idea but it sounded like a good idea at the time! well, I went a bit overboard and was pretty wasted by the time we arrived at the bar. After nearly tackling the birthday girl and giving her a hug, I did what any other normal drunk person would do...I went to the bar and ordered another shot. woohoo! It turned into quite the night and then I fell asleep on the couch after the cake cutting. (Speaking of that, Sage and I made another themed-cake but it didn't quite turn out how we wanted it to. It was supposed to be an old-fashioned TV but Sage said the wood-paneling for the outside would take too long so we should just do gray...well, I wasn't sure and it turns out that my uncertainty was warranted. The cake looked really weird as we were making it, but we salvaged it the best we could and it still tasted great! In the photo to the right, I think Sage is looking at me like "whoa- you're wasted.")

Sage and Jeff drove me home and delivered me to my sleeping, sober husband. But I didn't get sick or anything...I just don't remember taking some of the photos that have appeared from that night nor do I remember meeting someone I apparently am on a tracking board with for work...he emailed me Monday to say hi and how funny it was to run into each other. ?!%#%?? oops.

Anyways, Chris and I decided that the basic problem is that I enjoy the act of drinking...which is not a problem with beer or wine b/c it's easy to sip and I know how much I can handle...but when I switch over to hard alcohol...I really haven't learned that the same policy is not in effect. But ya know, I'm only 28 years old, right? riiiiight.

:) oh yeah- and I lost my credit card at the bar too. Go Tami!!

2 comments:

daryn said...

Wait, enjoying the al-key-hall is a problem?? I'm SCREWED. Dammit. :)

Glad you had such a fun night out. And can't wait for our own fun night out in 2 weeks!

Twofrogs said...

You'd think this post would make me miss drinking less but somehow it doesn't.