Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fashion Report Card

I felt that there was a surprising amount of bad fashion at the Oscars this year....especially considering how much I've loved a lot of it this awards season in general. Not a lot of color in the gowns and it made the ones who wore color really stand out...most of the time in a good way.

Hated it!!
I was not a fan of Marion Cotillard's dress...I couldn't quite figure out the bottom of it and what it was trying to do. But I also must admit that I haven't been a big fan of the dark blue and black mixture this year...I didn't like it when marcia cross wore it earlier this year, nor did I like Reese's dress from Sunday either.

Amanda Seyfried's dress seems silly, not particularly formal and a little ridiculous, no?


I'm not 100% sure what Melissa George's dress looked like in the front, but I hate that uber-mermaid bottom on it. I think a little flair would have been great, but this is too much.



Jessica Biel's dress is just odd...I don't quite understand what they were going for with this flap of fabric that looks untucked or something...

I saw Miley Cyrus roaming around the theater from above before the show started and I thought her dres looked cute...and then I saw it from the red carpet photos and whoa....i thought it was hideous. Think if you do those layers, it needs to hug the body, not flair out into a big A-line skirt.

Couldn't Mickey Rourke even class it up a bit, just a BIT, for the Oscars? I mean....come on.

Queen Latifah looked WAY better in the dress she sang in...what is THIS exactly?


I didn't hate Amy Adams' dress per say...it just seems a bit misguided. I think the red dress would be beautiful just with the black piping on that bodice. Why bring up the extra piece of fabric to tack up in the middle of her chest? And that necklace...I like it but wouldn't it have been better with a black dress to set it off? or even a white one?

And there are no words to describe what Beyonce wore....just hideous.









Middle of the Road....
I liked Kate Winslet's dress but didn't love it...and I thought her hair seemed a bit matronly for her.

I felt the same way on some level with Frida Pinto's dress....I thought the lace sleeve was beautiful and the design on the dress was a nice way to incorporate some Indian touches, but at the same time it felt too old for her...I wonder if it was the color.


Meryl Streep looked very nice and age appropriate...but I didn't like jump out of my seat, so I put it here...

I think Sarah Jessica Parker's dress was beautiful and in person, she looked great in it. It made her waist look SO tiny...I just wish her boobs were tucked in a bit more....


Felt that Penelope Cruz looked beautiful but I think the dress was a bit much at the bottom...I saw a picture of the dress she wore to the parties and I thought it was a bit simpler and just as elegant.






Fashion Favorites!!

Anne Hathaway, Taraji P. Henson, Marisa Tomei and Natalie Portman were my absolute favorites!!











Angelina, Evan Rachel Wood and Alicia Keys definitely were up on my list as well.















I thought all these women were beautiful and had the right look with their gowns...hair was good, accessories were good and though Evan Rachel Wood's a little pale for hers, they all looked stunning.

No comments: