Monday, December 22, 2008

Getting all wrapped up in the holidays!!

It's been a great weekend for getting fully into the holiday spirit! Chris' cousin Jeff and his wife Mia were passing through town on Saturday, so they stopped by for dinner! Chris' parents' came up as well, and it was great to be able to entertain at our apartment. We kept it simple in terms of food prep, having a brie & cranberry appetizer that Camilla has made for us a couple of times. (SO simple- cut up brie, add dried cranberries and garlic; throw it in a bowl and bake at 350 til it's melty and bubbly!) For dinner, I made lasagna (that's right-I cooked people!!!) and Mary brought up salad and dessert. Anyways- we had a great time...4 bottles of wine later...played some cards and hung out. (plus I got to use my new Christmas placemats and napkins, which makes me a loser but a happy one!!)

Today, we had brunch with the Michelsons, who we hadn't seen since the wedding, and it was great! They cooked an early Hanukkah meal, serving very delicious potato latkas as one of the main dishes. Laura is recently back from her two month volunteer job in Peru, and Julia's home on break from her Harvard MBA program. She's heading to Buenos Aires for New Year's, and as much as we are looking forward to our planned trip, I was a bit envious of her - sounds like SO much fun! Chris and I have never been to South America and we definitely need to go!

Tonight was all about relaxing and getting ready for Christmas this week. I love wrapping gifts and as you can see, I had a couple of "helpers", who were getting into just about everything I was working with. Ho Ho Ho!
p.s. Below I posed with my newly acquired Twilight t-shirt that was a gift (that's right people- I didn't buy it, it was given to me, so don't start with me!) b/c I love it and have been sleeping in it at night! Chris is thrilled, let me tell you!

No comments: