Friday, October 31, 2008

Oct 31 - the day you're allowed to dress like a slut

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! I have always loved dressing up for Halloween and while I'm not blaming my new husband for my lackluster feelings this year, I will say it's hard to get excited about the holiday when the person you're living with pretends it doesn't exist. Sigh.

Even if I were going to dress up this year, I imagine I'd be too inclined to be a vampire from the Twilight books and I'm trying to downplay "I'm a 28 year-old married lady obsessed with a teen romance series" angle at the moment. Whatever, it's awesmoe.

Favorite costume (as an adult) ever? Dressing up as Sydney Bristow from ALIAS in 2003 with Jennie, Harrison and Rebekka. Shout-out bitches! That was a great night, except that I had to spray paint the wig pink that year and by the end of the night, it was flaking off and getting into my contacts. I had to be rushed home before we reached calamity level....see a theme to this blog? Yup, I'm a loser.

3 comments:

Crooked Grins said...

LOVE the pink wig. You are SOOOO Jennifer!
You're also the first person I know who has a blog. You might inspire me. Well done!

But I'm with Chris when it comes to Halloween... Whaaaa-ev. Besides, you did just finish a wedding and a honeymoon. Cut the hub some slack.

Twofrogs said...

I know, Matt is kind of the same way about Halloween but this year he was randomly all excited about it. So there's hope for Chris I think. Not that Chris isn't already completely perfect and wonderful just the way he is. Okay I'll shut up now.

Tami said...

:) Thanks Mar Mar!! I couldn't believe that year when people knew who I was!! It was all worth it when someone was like, OMG! You're Sidney Bristow!!

And yeah yeah, I should leave Chris alone....but I do have a feeling he'll get bombarded with negative press in this blog.